Dr Tonia Mezzini is regarded as expert on a range of sexual health and women’s health topics and is often invited to speak at medical conferences and training events.She has been awarded The Jan Edwards Prize for her paper on Mycoplasma genitalium in Men with Urethral Symptoms, and The Penelope Lowe Prize for her paper on HIV and Young People.
In 2021 Dr Mezzini will be presenting at the following events:
- May – Non-hormonal management of menopause after breast cancer – SA Oncology Symposium
- July – Pelvic Pain and Vulval Concerns – SHine SA Sexual Health Certificate
- Sept – Pelvic Pain: What Can Socrates Teach Us? – Australian Society of Psychosocial Obstetrics and Gynaecology
Watch this space – more events are in the planning stage.
Dr Mezzini Teaching
In addition, she continues to teach Adelaide University Medical Students. She has been awarded both the Emertius Professor Alastair MacLennan AO Citation for Clinical Teaching and the Professor Derek Frewin AO Citation for Clinical Teaching. In 2020 she received another clinical teaching award from the Adelaide Rural Medical School.
Dr Mezzini GP Clinic Visits
Dr Mezzini regularly visits General Practice clinics to up-skill GPs on sexual health and women’s health topics.
If you would like Dr Mezzini to visit your practice, please contact Sonja at AGSC via firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a suitable time.
Dr Tonia Mezzini is known for offering the best possible advice and treatment options for a person’s sexual health care needs. In particular, she cares for patients with:
- Menopause and hormonal concerns
- Premenstrual Syndrome and Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder
- Chronic pelvic pain in men and women
- Recurrent bacterial vaginosis
- Painful periods and endometriosis
- Low libido and pain with intercourse
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
- Gender-affirming hormone therapy
- Complex contraceptive choices
- Sexually transmitted infections such as recurrent genital herpes